Saturday, March 8, 2014

Division of Duties

Still trying to coordinate how to work with my partner so we can reduce the production time. Ideally, I'll be taking care of the artwork while she begins initial programming and starts composing the music. But of course that requires the script to be completed. Cruel as I am, I'm shoving editing responsibilities onto her as well, because grammar? What is grammar?

Meanwhile I'm still deciding whether the music itself should be developed before or after I start the art. Our initial plan was for me to create the artwork first, and then have my (poor, overworked) composer adjust the background music's atmosphere to match the atmosphere created by the artwork. But I underestimated her skill in the art of music. The other day, as an experiment, she created a quick piece in Garage Band, and somehow managed to make it amazingly evocative despite the shoddy program. And while listening to it, it really triggered my own imagination regarding the way the images should be handled. So after that epiphany, I brought up the suggestion that maybe she could proceed with the music as well as the programming once the writing is finished. Of course, I can't just stay idle and wait for the entire soundtrack to be finished before I start the art, but I think that there will be some value in mixing up the order so that part of her soundtrack will be influencing my artwork and vice versa.

No comments:

Post a Comment